Barbie Museum: A Dreamland for Every Barbie Lover
Like many little girls, I grew up with a Barbie love affair. I had a Barbie that ice skating, complete with an electronic skating rink, a Barbie that smelled like Peaches and Cream, and a Barbie who was a fitness guru. I could not get enough of this doll who could be and do anything. As a small girl, Barbie allowed me the ability to imagine things that seemed so far removed from my rural small-town life. Since I was an only child until I was 8 and there were no other little girls near me, Barbie was my playmate. I remember having a blast combing her hair and playing dress up with the many many Barbie outfits I had.
I would get lost in Barbie’s world and the sky wasn’t even the limit for Barbie because she was also an astronaut. I think the most I owned at once was 18. I would carry them in a Barbie carrier. I always wanted the Barbie dreamhouse but that was too outside my mom’s budget. Regardless, Barbie fill my childhood with a lot of joy and I would probably still have my dolls today is my little sister didn’t destroy them all when she came along. LOL
When I heard that there was a Barbie exhibit coming to Vegas I simply had to go. I’m so glad I did too because it didn’t disappoint. Located in Las Vegas, the Barbie Museum is a must-visit destination for every Barbie lover. This museum is home to a vast collection of Barbie dolls, accessories, and memorabilia that will take you down memory lane.
We are excited to partner with Illusion Projects to bring Barbie®: A Cultural Icon to Las Vegas…. Barbie is a brand that has evolved through generations and we can’t wait for fans of all ages to take a journey through time with us!Julie Freeland, Senior Director of Location Based Entertainment at Mattel
Barbie, whose full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts, is an iconic doll that has been a staple in many households for over six decades. Created by Ruth Handler in 1959, Barbie has evolved from a simple toy to a cultural phenomenon that has sparked debate and controversy over the years. With her signature blonde hair, blue eyes, and impossibly proportioned figure, Barbie has become a symbol of femininity and beauty all over the world, as well as a cultural touchstone for generations.
So much of the entertainment and fashion culture of Las Vegas is mirrored in the generations of Barbie. The Barbie Exhibition is perfectly positioned in the middle of The Shops at Crystals alongside many of the world-famous fashion brands that Barbie has worn through the decades.Pete Housley, Exhibition Executive Director
While some may scoff at her unrealistic proportions, Barbie’s influence on pop culture cannot be denied. Moreover, her positive impact on young girls everywhere cannot be overstated. One of the greatest benefits of Barbie’s cultural significance is the way she has empowered young girls to dream big. From astronauts to doctors, Barbie has represented countless professions over the years, showing girls that they can be anything they want to be. This message of empowerment has resonated with generations of young women, as it definitely did for me, inspiring them to reach for the stars and break down barriers.
In addition to her inspiring message, Barbie has also served as a symbol of diversity and inclusivity. Barbie has always shown that women can achieve anything they set their minds to. And, over the years, with her diverse range of skin tones, hair textures, and body types, Barbie has become more inclusive than ever before. Barbie is showing that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. This has been especially important for young girls who may feel excluded or marginalized in other areas of their lives. By embracing and celebrating diversity, Barbie has helped to create a more accepting and tolerant society.
Here are 5 attractions that you should not miss at the Barbie Museum.
- Barbie’s Evolution: This exhibit showcases the evolution of Barbie dolls from the first-ever Barbie doll, launched in 1959, to the present day. You can see how Barbie has changed over the years, including her hairstyles, clothing, and accessories. It’s fascinating to see how Barbie has evolved to become more diverse and inclusive.
- Barbie’s Dreamhouse: Step into Barbie’s world and explore her dream house. You can see every detail of her living room, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom. This exhibit is perfect for those who grew up playing with Barbie dolls and can’t get enough of her glamorous lifestyle.
- Barbie’s Fashion: Barbie is known for her fashionable outfits, and this exhibit showcases some of her most iconic looks. From her classic black and white swimsuit to her pink power suit, you’ll get a glimpse of Barbie’s fashion sense and how it has evolved over the years.
- Barbie’s Careers: Barbie has had over 200 careers in her lifetime, and this exhibit showcases some of her most popular ones. From astronaut to doctor to chef, you’ll see how Barbie has been an inspiration to young girls everywhere.
- Barbie’s Friends: Barbie has had many friends over the years, including Ken, Skipper, and Midge. This exhibit showcases some of her most popular friends and their unique personalities. You’ll get to see how Barbie’s friendships have evolved over time.
Visiting the Barbie Museum is a dream come true for every Barbie lover. It certainly was for me. I never imagined that I would actually get a chance to sit inside Barbie’s Corvette. Talk about geeking out. You too can explore Barbie’s world, learn about her history, and relive your childhood memories. With so many attractions to see and things to learn, you’ll leave the museum with a newfound appreciation for Barbie and her impact on pop culture. So, what are you waiting for? Head to the Barbie Museum and experience the magic of Barbie.